FinMark Trust (FMT) is an independent trust established in 2002 with the objective of making markets work for the poor. Initial core funding was provided by UKaid from the Department for International Development (DFID) through its Southern Africa office. Recently additional funders have come on board including the UNCDF, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the MasterCard Foundation as well as private and public institutions at country level. FinMark Trust’s business is controlled by four trustees from countries in Southern Africa and its purpose is ‘Making financial markets work for the poor, by promoting financial inclusion and regional financial integration’. It does this by conducting research to identify the systemic constraints that prevent financial markets from reaching out to these consumers and by advocating for change on the basis of research findings. Thus, FMT plays a catalytic role, driven by its purpose to start processes of change that ultimately lead to the development of inclusive financial systems that can benefit all consumers. Refer to www.finmark.org.za for more information.
The Financial Manager will be responsible for:
- Financial reporting within FMT which includes, but is not limited to:-
- Monthly accounts
- Donor financial reporting
- Project financial reporting
- Financial Management within FMT which includes:-
- Cash flow management
- Invoice and payment management
- Debtors and creditors recon conciliation
- Human resources
- Payroll management
- Service provider management including the medical aid funders and the pension funders
- Internal support for the IT system
- Stakeholder Management
- All Service providers supporting FMT operations
- Operations Management, including
- Office management
- Travel management
- Contract Management – supporting the project teams with contract negotiations, budgets, etc.
- Management of the administration team within FMT
Click here to download full terms of reference.