Featured Focus AreaRegional Financial Integration All related Publications »
Latest EventForum – A review of legal insurance in South Africa
There are currently no comments in this discussion.
- The ABSA house price index (September 2010) estimates that the average nominal value of a home in the small houses (80m2-140m2) segment of the market is about R837,100.
- 15% of South Africans can afford a mortgage for the cheapest newly built house
- Save the Children's emergency drought programme in Swaziland was delivered through a savings account, which gave beneficiaries an ATM card they could use to access their cash.
- The banked population in 2012 is now greater by 1.3 million people when compared to 2011. Altogether, there are now 22.5 million banked adults in South Africa
- Of almost 6 million residential properties on the Deeds Registry, 3.5 million (58%) are valued at less than R500,000.
- 60% of South Africans are eligible for the Finance Linked Individual Subsidy Programme, but delivery is insufficient to meet demand. A backlog of 2,1 million units in 2012
- In 2012 28% adults in Rwanda were financially excluded and 72% of Rwandan adults have or use financial products or mechanisms
FinScope, a FinMark Trust initiative is a nationally representative survey of consumers, or small business owners, and the way they source their income and manage their financial lives. Read more »